M. P. Möller (ca. 1941, Opus 7023) 2 manuals. 23 registers.
...Hymn books were scarce....The leader read a line, the congregation
sang. A second line was read and sung. In case the leader was not a
singer, someone in the audience was called on to pitch the tune. Quite
frequently it was pitched out of tune. The younger and more progressive
members wanted a surer guide. After much scheming a new organ was
placed in the church, January 19, 1868. The organ came amid a storm of
opposition and grave predictions that the younger members were on the
straight road to perdition.
An important date in the church's history was September 7, 1941. The
preceding autumn the official board met at the parsonage and decided
that something be done to renovate the interior of the sanctuary. The
building had needed redecoration for a long time, and a great many of
the congregation had expressed a desire for a pipe organ. To
celebrate the completion of the project a service of rededication was
held on September 7, 1941. Bishop Titus Lowe was present to give the
sermon of the morning and to officiate at the baptism of infants.
Following a basket dinner at the schoolhouse, Mrs. Armand Haeussler of
Evansville gave a recital on the new pipe organ.
From From the book “From Then Til Now” by Kenneth McCutchan 1969.
Book selections and photo from the church website: http://www.mccutchanvillecc.org/
Back to Organ Page