Old North United Methodist Church
Wicks Pipe Organ
In April 12, 1947 a
new Wicks pipe organ from Highland, Illinois built expressly for the
Old North Chapel was dedicated. This was presented by Mr. and Mrs.
Elwood Yokel in memory of Mrs. Ada M. VanDusen as a gift from her
friends. Rev. John D. Wolf, pastor, officiated. Groudbreaking for
the current sanctuary building was in March of 1952.*
The late Dorothy Miller, a long-time member of the Evansville AGO, was
organist here for many years. The church has a strong and varied
music ministry under the direction of Daniel Craig,
Director of Music. (2/2010)
*Chancel photos and historical information from Old North U.M.C.