American Guild of Organist
Evansville (Indiana) Chapter
Serving Indiana/Kentucky/Illinois Tri-State Area
Edmund Giesecke Organ
Restored in Memory of Helen Skuggedal Reed
This organ was built in the Evansville shop of German-born organbuilder Edmund Giesecke (1845-1928), and installed in St. John Lutheran Church in Maribel, Wisconsin in 1889. In 1962 it was donated to St. Timothy Lutheran, a "mission church" in Maumee, Ohio. After St. Timothy merged with another church (becoming Hosanna Lutheran Church in 2011 and eventually moving to a new location in Monclova, Ohio) the Evansville chapter purchased the organ in 2016.
Helen Skuggedal Reed played a crucial role in making contacts, gathering information and encouraging the chapter and community to embrace this project. Restoration was completed by Taylor and Boody Organbuilders in 2018.
The Giesecke organ can now be heard and played at First Presbyterian Church in Evansville. Contact Robert Nicholls at email@example.com or call the church for more information.Link to 2018 CourierPress article and video about the organ
||Mail-in Membership Form
|Local Pipe Organs||Marketplace: Positions and Instruments|
|Executive Committee Members